Monday, August 14, 2006

Surprise and shock

Met up with Renith for dinner and she sprung me with a surprise present - a pair of turquoise pumps. Renith has always been such a sweet gal. And being telepathic, I also sprung her with a surprise gift - a furry pink scarf. It was always fun to exchange gifts, especially when there are no special occassions. Just the thought of the person or just wanting to make the friend happy.

***

Adrian joined us for dinner and I was shocked to see that he lost much weight. Though he looked more handsome with a leaner frame, I was more concerned if something happened. I found out that he had undergone an operation a week ago. He jokingly said he went for liposuction operation which was why he lost weight. But I knew he was not telling the truth.

After much persuasion, he told us that he had a nose operation. No, it was not a nose job in the name of vanity, but a nose operation to cure his sinus problem. Right after the operation, his nose bled like a running tap, except that what gushed out was blood. He never seen so much blood in his whole life. And his bedroom was in a bloody mess. Gosh. I felt such pain to hear of it. So poor thing.

The other most amazing thing was that even though he felt really weak after the operation, having lost so much blood, he went off to South Africa for a one week trip. And he came right to meet us after he touched down. Goodness. While he was sending me home, in my heart, I thanked the Lord that he came back in one piece and alive.

It's really a blessing to be still breathing. Alive and kicking.

No comments: