Sunday, December 03, 2006

accident lessons

It was midnight. I wished it were a nightmare. But it weren't. I could neither turn back the clock nor change things for I am not God. I can only thank God that every inch of me and Jo went unhurt when a taxi hit my set of wheels from behind. A loud BANG echoed the air and rang in my ears. The impact that it created made my spirit flew out of my body a split second.

Stunned. It took me some time before I realised that I've met with a road accident.

I could only thank God I went home in one piece. Shakened. I climbed into my bed, curled up under thick blanket, forcing my exhausted body to sleep. Memories of the earlier scenes kept flashing in my head, woken me up numerous times in the night.I got up and uttered a thanksgiving prayer to the Lord before falling into deep sleep, feeling warm and safe in His loving arms.

***

Lessons learnt:
1. You can be a safe driver, but you cannot guarantee that the other road users are safe drivers.

2. I thank God every minute I can breathe. One may be alive one minute and dead the next. Or worse disabled the next.

3. I will spend my time loving my family. Time should not be squandered away on quarrelling or getting upset. No issue is bigger than death.

4. Some people take years to experience life. Others just need one night.

2 comments:

The Oriental Express said...

Right, the line between life and death is so thin; yet people often act as if they were God! How proud His two legged creations could be!

Every precious second.... give thanks unto the Lord! He holds everything together!

JerL said...

Amen! You're a God-send. :) I'm really glad to know you.