Tuesday, July 03, 2007

life is not a bed of roses

Human beings are funnily amazingly forever insatiable creatures. Somehow, the grass is always greener on the other side and the moon is forever rounder in another country. Women always think that the lady standing next to her is slimmer, prettier, taller, bustier. And as for men, I remember reading in some trashy magazines that they have the habit of peeping at the guy standing at the adjacent urinal. *For whatever reason, you guys are smart enough to go figure that out for yourself.*

I'm sick of hearing my married friends complaining about being tied down by their spouses and kids and being envious of the endless freedom us swinging singles enjoy. I'm also tired of hearing my single friends complaining about the lack of romance in their life and the surge of jealousy when they see lovey-dovey couples living in a world of their own.

Goodness, do you need a slap before you wake up to reality? Life was never a bed of roses and never will be. Ok, even if life is a bed of roses, don't forget that roses are born with thorns. The world is never perfect and never will be.

In a marriage, there is both companionship and quarrels. In singlehood, there is both freedom and loneliness. I think people should just stop bitching and being a bitch. Me included. I must admit that when one gets emotional, one gets disillusioned and one's rant become illogical. It's a vicious cycle called everyday life.

2 comments:

mrdes said...

Funny world this is. As a single, I'm trying to let the regrets, the loneliness pass me like any other emotions. Yet, I'm conscious about experiencing the many facets of life - both positive and negative. Pardon my ranting; it is contradiction that enriches our life.

Whiskoffee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.