Saturday, April 05, 2008

what is love?

Why is love something that every human being pursues? Why is human being made in this way? Man is sure a lonely creature. Almost every song I hear is a love song and almost every movie or tv serials I see is talking about a love story. Almost everyone around me is like looking high and low for this thing call love. WHY? I cannot help but feel bewildered... Is it really something worth searching for?

And seriously, how do you go about looking for your true love? Is that skill something that is an inborn second nature to human beings? Seriously if you ask me, I have no idea how to do it.

I remember the story that my friend told me how she actually prayed to God that she would meet her future husband in her teens and how God actually answered her prayers since now that person has become her husband. When she met him, he was a shy and reserved boy and how it took her a long time to "draw him out of his shell". It bewildered me even until now. At that time, she was only 15 or 16 years old. How did she even know how to flirt at that young age? It is super duper amazing, at least to me it is. And even until now, when I'm almost double that age, I still have no idea where to start.

My colleague always tell me that I look much younger than my age. They told me that I was so bubbly, cheerful, funny and bursting with energy. So different from my other colleagues who were the same age as me. Both of them looked much older, one just delivered her third child and the other pregnant with her first. I took that as a compliment, well, I'm still 21 at heart and like those who are of that age, at the stage of falling in and out of love.

***

Sometimes I look at those married ones and I'm amazed at their courage. I think that marriage is indeed a gamble. How can you be so sure that the man you choose is going to take care of you for the rest of his life and remain faithful? How can one have so much faith in one man?

Why do I say that? Let me post this question to you, my blog readers. What would you do if you saw your friend's husband on the street holding another lady's hand?

Would you tell your friend and risk being blamed for breaking up their marriage? Or would you keep quiet about it?

I know that most of you righteous readers will choose the former. But I tell you the truth, you will tell me that you are caught in the dilemma when you really meet the same situation that I am facing. I finally understood what a dilemma feels like.

3 comments:

mrdes said...

How can one have so much faith in one man? Well, maybe because true love is firstly based on trust.

Is it really something worth searching for? My married friend once told me that his other half completes him. So I guess this too works for the female species: that is, love complete them? (The married friend once strayed in his marriage too. His wife had forgiven him and they went back on good terms since.

I believe love is between two persons, thus we are always the outsiders. My question is: If you are a friend close enough to her, why are you worried about being blamed for breaking up her marriage? Your first concern would be her happiness - by which you will know what is best for her, to tell or not to tell. On the other hand, if you are not close to her, then what has her marriage got to do with you?:P

In short, if you are really close to her, you wouldn't be caught in dliemma.

PS: Pardon me, I've seen too much of flirting-around.

mrdes said...

Sorry, typed too fast: I mean...true love is based firstly on trust.

Whiskoffee said...

i agree with mrdes' point of view. ur love and concern for ur fren shd help u decide what is the right thing to do.

even if nothing is revealed to her, she will still find out sooner or later. as is commonly said, paper cant wrap fire.

once the decision (to disclose wat u have seen) has been made, the next step will be how to break the news to her. letting her see it for herself may be the most shocking and painful mtd, but it may well be the most effective way of conveying the message.

pardon me if my point is hard to take in. despite all my efforts, i cant put it across in softer ways.