Thursday, June 05, 2008

farewell, my darling

Hazel breathed her last peacefully in her sleep. Farewell, my darling Hazel, I will miss you forever.
As I looked at her empty cage, I can't help but remember how Hazel will stand up and look at me with her curious eyes, waiting in anticipation for me to share my bread with her. The way Hazel showed her love by licking all over my palm and she loved it when we stroked her soft white fur. The way she would peep at us through her hiding place, the way she would poke her pink nose through the cloth when she heard us calling her name.
Hazel is such a neat little critter! If we left food for her all over the cage, she would pick up all the pieces and drag them and pack them neatly in her food bowl. Oh, she is such a dear! And how I missed her. She is now resting in peace under a tree next to my place. Farewell, my darling.
Thank you for reminding me to cherish the people around me. Thank you for reminding me how fragile each and everyone of us are. Thank you for reminding me to live my life to the fullest and be nice to the people around me. Thank you for reminding me to make a difference in the lives of people around me. Thank you for teaching me how to love unconditionally. The way you did. Even though you cannot speak, you showed your love by your actions. I simply cannot forget. The joy you brought to me and my family. Thank you. I love you. Farewell, my darling Hazel. Farewell. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Oriental Express said...

Sorry to hear of Hazel's demise. Animals do bring such joy and comfort, and they teach us so many things in life.

JerL said...

Yes I agree totally. They give you such unconditional love that you will never forget.

Whiskoffee said...

yup. i still held my beloved and deceased neow (prince ah cheng) in my memory vault.