Monday, June 23, 2008

Losing focus. Rollercoaster sick.


The past nine months have been an exciting and exhilarating rollercoaster ride for me in my career. The learning opportunities seemingly has the twists and turns with unpredictable curvature and the degree of slope. I would say the ride requires a lot of energy to focus. If not, one might lose balance and fall.

When the rollercoaster goes upslope, it is in a slower and steadier mode, allowing one to pause, take a deep breathe of the minty fresh air and at the same time enjoying the bird's eye view of the scenary below. The enjoyment start seeping in.

But before you get overly comfortable with that state, the rollercoaster often changes mode to suit the terrain of the tracks. Usually, the upslope is followed by a sudden dip, especially after the tracks have reached the peak. I have a weak heart. I suppose when it comes to the feeling of free fall, my heart dropped at a speed faster than the rollercoaster.

Soon, the rollercoaster will then make circles, swerving left and right. I'm losing it. Losing focus. I feel giddy. I need a rest. I long for a break. Rollercoaster sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what it feels like. I have been going to school for 11 years now, that includes working full time and being a parent and a spouse. There has been so many times I have lost focus, got dizzy from my "Rollercoaster" ride and I wanted to quit, but I look back at my accomplishments, than look ahead and see the light at the end of the tunnel, then I say, wow… I am a survivor and I can do this. I get back on that “Rollercoaster” and go for another ride… one ride at a time.

JerL said...

Hi! My name is Jerlynn and you are?

Thank you for your encouraging and enlightening words! Indeed. Light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, I think I'm ready to go for another ride!

Anonymous said...

My name is Maryam. The end result will make you proud of your ability to be an acheiver.

Good luck in all you do...