Friday, July 04, 2008

enjoyable busy holiday afterall!


I guess I am a person who cannot stop being busy and if I ever have some idle time, I would not hesitate to fill that up with some activity. Those of you who do not know me, one look at my pocket diary can tell you the whole story. I have my schedule planned right up to the end of the year, fully packed right up to September. Every Friday before the next week commences, I will take a look at my calendar, if there are any empty slots, I will use the next 3 days to fill up those empty slots. Simply put, I'm someone who hates time to be wasted.

And today, I'm on leave because today is my mom's birthday and I've planned a surprise for her. As usual I've packed the whole day to the brim. Even though I'm on leave, that doesn't make it a legal reason to laze in bed. I was awake at 7am and straight after washing up, I'm sitting right in front of my desktop, checking my Gmail, even though Gmail was the last item I shut down before I slept the night before. I like to be always on the dot when it comes to replying emails. I set myself a criteria, a habit I cultivated ever since I started working in a bank, to reply emails within 24 hours.

And yes, I received a last minute request from a visiting toastmaster to speak in the chapter meeting tonight. I quickly made the amendments, checked through before I sent it to my VPE for printing. Since I do not have access to a printer and I've made some plans later. I quickly also saved the namecard design that I've done up last night for the new exco team. Have made appointment with the printing company at 9.30am.

About 2 weeks ago, I secretly asked Daddy to take leave on the same day so that we can give Mommy a surprise! And poor Daddy got scolded by Mommy for not telling her he was on leave! lol. But it was supposed to be a surprise. *duh* Anyway, we went to have a sumptuous dim sum brunch. We went around to shop around for a while before making our way back.

Rested for a couple of hours before I went on to Holland Village to meet a friend for dinner before going to my toastmasters club chapter meeting. Wow the attendance was an overwhelming one and the 3 hours seems to whizz past!

My day ended on a high when I stopped at a traffic junction to watch a little kitten cross the traffic junction while the green man was on! It managed to cross 3 lanes in front of me, wondered for a while in the middle before trotting off to the other side of the road while the green man was blinking! Oh, sooooo cute! I looked over to see the driver next to me smiling at the kitten. The little kitty made our night drive home not a lonely one, but a heartwarming one....

Of course, not forgetting to mention that I receive my first birthday present today, even though my actual birthday is about 2 weeks away! ;p

So happy. Need to blog before I sleep. It's 2am now. Anyway, I'm having a nice little chat with Mommy I doubt I will sleep anytime soon. Oh well, just feel too high on my first off day!

No comments: