Monday, March 22, 2010

sad is an understatement

In this episode of "Human Spirit", they featured a Filipino couple Joe and Joanna deciding on the gender of their 16 month old toddler Jacob. Somehow, Jacob was born in a 3rd gender where doctors were unable to determine his sex because he had both sexual organs present. And his parents Joe and Joanna have to decide which organ to remove and whether to keep him as a boy or a girl. It was finally decided after a series of genetic tests that Jacob had more XY chromosomes (which means he is a boy), so the poor toddler went through a 7-hour long operation to remove the female organ inside his body and to search for the "missing" testerones. This ordeal clearly left a great impact on Jacob and he was so traumatized by the operation that he could not eat or talk.

My heart went out to this baby boy and tears just welled up in my eyes. I can't even think of any suitable word to describe my emotions. Sad is a pure understatement. Unanswered questions flooded my mind in such an overwhelming rate that I simply cannot take it anymore, I had to sit down and blog about it. I would love to scream my head off and ask the Lord all these questions.

Why did this poor child have to suffer so much at an age where he did not even understand the concept of sin? And this is not the only case, apparently there are other cases of similar nature.

Dear Lord Jesus, I pray that you have mercy and heal this little boy Jacob. I lift him unto Your hands. I know You love him. Please let him grow up strong and lead a normal life. Amen.

No comments: