Thursday, July 01, 2010

lateral canthoplasty, anyone?

Just read Wendy Cheng Xiaxue's blog, the famous or infamous Blogger who blogs professionally for a living and she announced that she went for plastic surgery 3 days ago. Apparently, this rather good-looking lass wanted to become prettier by extending her eyes. Yes, you did not read wrongly. The technical term is Lateral Canthoplasty, which literally means cutting the outer corners of the eyes to make them bigger and prettier.

If you follow her tweets, there was a funny one where she mentioned that she told her mom about it and it took 2 hours for the message to sink in before her mom called to scream at her. Funny lah. I think if I were her mom, I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear about this. Lateral canthoplasty is not unimaginable after her nose job, blond hair and blue eye contact lenses. Maybe if I were her mom, I would regret not marrying a white man. Maybe that would have saved her some pain. Just maybe. Who knows, perhaps if that were the case, she might dye her hair black and sew up her eyes to make them look like Lucy Liu's. The grass apparently is always greener on the othe side.

There is another girl who blog about her Lateral Canthoplasty too... Click here to see the photos and you will find the process rather mind boggling and the end product rather familiar looking... looks just like another famous blogger, right? The one who denied that she went through any surgery.

To tell the truth, I am rather appalled at the extent of pain girls are willing to endure just to look prettier. For me, I think that mascara and lip gloss are great products that have been invented and fake eyelashes are the most elaborate makeover I will do on special occasions.

And though I'm not perfect, as long as I feel great about myself. I think that people will love me for who I am. Anyway, to Father God, ain't I a princess in His eyes?

1 comment:

ganchau said...

It's important for everyone to feel comfortable in his own skin.

People are just merely following, without thinking. Frankly, I can't stand Xiaxue's writing style. She thinks it's cool to punctuate almost every sentence with a four letter word.