Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When the angels rejoice...

To me, everything was unplanned, unusual and unimaginable. To God, everything was in His plan.

It was a long day at work and I was really exhausted, but I had to get a farewell gift for my colleague. Saw a pair of transformers cufflinks at one of the pushcarts at 313 Somerset over the weekend. My intention was to go there, buy it and go home straight to rest, since I knew what I wanted.

When I reached there, I realised the pushcart was gone and only there for National Day bazaar. I was like... oh no... where to start shopping? I needed the gift urgently because the farewell dinner is the next day. And I was super tired and want to go home to rest. So I'm totally not in a mood to shop at all. All I can think of is my bed.

I shopped until about 9pm when I finally found something to buy. I was about to go home when my phone rang. A friend needed to meet up with me to discuss some matters urgently and asked me to meet him at his office and to go for dinner after that. I surprised myself that I actually obliged. Maybe I was also feeling hungry as I had not taken my dinner. The discussion took longer than I expected and we had dinner from 10pm till about midnight.

By the time I reached home, I was totally zombified. Normally I will just knock out on my bed after shower. Yet because my hair was really greasy, I decided to wash my hair. It was the most out-of-the-norm decision! Washing my hair past midnight means I have to blow dry my hair. And that will take another hour. Physically I was exhausted since 6pm yet, I remained wide awake. Little did I expect what was to come.

Since my parents were already asleep, I took my hairdryer out to the living room and plugged it next to my laptop, so that I can check my emails, blog, twitter and facebook while I blow dry my hair. It was a bizarre and not a normal thing I would do.

While on Facebook, an online message "Hi, which church are you attending?" popped up on my screen. What a question to ask at 1am in the morning. But I replied and the thread led me to share my testimony and the gospel. And finally boldly, I asked her the question.

"So have you accepted Christ into your heart?"

"Yes, I accepted the Lord today and you are the first person to know that!"

"Do you know that I have been praying for you to know Jesus since 10 years ago?"


It was 2am in the morning when the angels in the heavens were dancing and rejoicing over a new salvation. A new sister in Christ. Hallelujah.

No comments: