Monday, December 27, 2010

Chef Daniel's Kitchen

Hui Jen & Jacin

Met up with the girls and I suggested to go to Chef Daniel's Kitchen at Illuma level 7 as I had a very pleasant dining experience there just 2 weeks ago for a Christmas department lunch. They both looked so radiant from the rest! Both of them were on leave before we met up. Hui Jen cleaned up her house while Jacin went to have a stylish new haircut!!!

We had set dinner and the starter is the Soup of the Day - Pumpkin Soup. They change their soup of the day every time, so that it will be a surprise for the diners. The soup was really creamy and smooth to my liking with free flow of foccacia bread. But I only took one piece to keep space for my main course.

For my main course, I ordered Lobster Meringue and it came nicely grilled with cheese and lobster roe on top. They have taken out the meat and stuffed the bottom of the shell with mashed potato and mushroom. So it is a surprise when you cut the meat open. Lovely. They also have salad on the side with a refreshing and tangy lemony sauce and my favourite rocket leaves.

The meal ended with an extremely satisfying dark chocolate cake with layered orange jelly in between. The preserved plums with the sweet and sour sauce added a punch to the chocolate cake. Lovely and enjoyable.

Hui Jen had a lovely Lamb Shank and Jacin had Cod Fish. The next time I come, I will definitely order the Lamb Shank! The meat was cooked very nicely, soft and tender.

We had lots to talk about and we even proceeded to another place to have coffee and talk until the shops closed! Quite a pity that Sherry is overseas! But we can always come again next time!

3 comments:

nyphaeon said...

oh this looks super super...and such pretty girls in the picture! ;p LOL.

alange & sohne diamond watches said...

modal ? it is great.

diamond waches said...

-<a href="http://www.replicatrends.com/a-lange-sohne-diamond-watches-15.html">alange & sohne diamond watches</a>