Tuesday, April 10, 2007

bad hair day

I'm having a bad hair day. A bad hair monday. Oh well, I need to chop off my locks for the ends are getting frizzed out. And oh how I missed my soft straight mane before I made a wrong decision to perm it.

It was not exactly a wrong decision I would say. I had my boss admiring my curled locks and gave me a thumbs up for the zen image. It was indeed an ego booster for him to come up to me and specifically compliment my hairdo.

My boss is very particular about our image. His philosophy is that all sales person must portray the professional image. And he has laid the rules that all guys must be in shirt and tie, all ladies in suit or dress. Plunging necklines, translucent tops, tube tops, mini skirts and any hint of cleavage are banned in the office. Naturally, my boss sets a good example by being immaculately dressed in a full suit with his signature Louis Vuitton ties with matching coloured shirt and designer cuff links everyday.

"To be successful, one need to first look successful."
My boss's top favourite phrase. How true. If you don't look successful, how do you gain the confidence of your clients? Everyone likes to be associated with successful people.

"When you look good, you feel good. And when you feel good, you make your clients feel good too! And when your clients feel good, they will give you the business and refer their friends to you." That is absolutely my boss's sales philosophy.

Ok, I need a new stylish professional hairdo, hair treatment spa and hair mask. Yups, and a new hair colour. I need a new look.

Agenda for tomorrow morning: To book an appointment with my personal hairstylist.

2 comments:

Flying raisin said...

Me need a haircut too! Getting one somehow does get one's spirits lifted too ;)

JerL said...

HJ: Let's meet up soon! Have been wanting to catch up with you! I haven't had time to book my hairstylist. We can go together next week.