Sunday, April 15, 2007

loner? me? no way!

Today, while on MSN with Merv, he suddenly blurted a "Hmm... you're not the loner type?"

I think that's probably the most hilarious description of me, which is also the least accurate! I guess it is my independent image that I portray on my blog that gives this illusion. No I'm definitely not a loner. In the first place, I do not live on this planet alone, how to be a loner? Lol... Anyhow, thanks for providing me some blogging material nevertheless.

I would like to quote an interesting phrase from Merv. "Loneliness is what the world gives us. Companionship is what God gives us." It is not by choice that we are alone, but then we can choose to go out to make friends. Take time to care and concern for your close friends for they may be lonely too.

I guess it is human to experience loneliness. So, the next time anyone feels lonely, probably it is time to take out your handphone, scroll down your list of friends and give a tinkle to the friend that you have not contacted for a long time. Maybe your friend on the other end might be feeling the same.

My point is to stop focusing on oneself and start focusing on other people. Be a friend to someone today. Be a true friend. And not a friend in name only. Before it is too late.