Saturday, May 19, 2007

maiden debut as language evaluator

Right now as I'm typing this post, I'm having a pretty bad cough, sore throat and totally no voice. Very much as I wanted to talk but the piercing pain in my throat is quite unbearable. And I can barely utter even a single word. All that came out were some airy sound that made my throat so ichy that the coughing starts all over again. Sigh.

Nevertheless, this morning I still went to Tanjong Katong Girls' School for the Gavel Club Meeting - essentially the same as a Toastmasters Club Meeting as a Language Evaluator. I was invited there by the famous body language guru, Distinguished Toastmaster Mr John Sih. I was glad to be there to do my debut maiden role as a Language Evaluator. It was an exhilarating experience to see many young ladies with such confidence in public speaking. I was glad I was able to complete my speech with much grace and minimal coughing.

Please pray for me for speedy recovery, for my sake and for your sake. Or else, you would not have any post for entertainment until I am well again. That's all for now, folks. Till then.