Friday, February 29, 2008

first blog pick for 2008

I met my fellow blogger Choo Choo at NUSS Toastmasters International Speech and Table Topics Contest last night. And we were discussing on how a speech could get very boring when the speaker starts telling us his life story or spouse or children without any speech value to the audience. Yes, we need to read widely to be able to give speeches with more depth and many are unable to do so and especially during table topics session.

Our discussion led on to the common blogs that we've been reading (of course, the fact that I got to know Choo Choo through my blog still amazes me till this day) and one particular blogger bored us with nothing but his gf's photographs all over his blog. Somehow he's a pretty intellectual guy yet his blog lack substance. I shall not mention names over here, but you smart readers probably could make a pretty good guess.

Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on how boring his blog became. But I've got to say, there are still many blogs with substance and worth reading. And I found one which I would like to share with all of you. His name is David and he came up with this term called the self-improvement junkie and I thought that was pretty cool. I don't mind being called a self-improvement junkie! Lol. I just can't help but to write a comment there.

His blog posts are pretty thought-provoking and it is a nice journey to breeze through his inner thoughts, so true and so intriguing. Many times, similar thoughts probably went through our minds but how many people actually take time to ponder over such thoughts and blog about it. I guess I like the style of writing and it will be added to my daily blog reads.

Click here to explore David's Dreams and get hooked.

*David is a trainer with Adam Khoo Learning Technologies and also a fellow toastmaster and blogger. I suppose he is also a self-improvement junkie. :)*

No comments: