Monday, February 25, 2008

waking up on the wrong side of the bed

You know, on days where you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, the rest of your day will not be as smooth as you would like it to be. And I haven't woken up on the wrong side of the bed for a long long time. Somehow, today is an unfortunate day.

I was supposed to be at Alexandra for a TTT (Train-The-Trainers) Session and I totally missed reading that particular email, resulting in no indication on my pocket diary on the schedule. And as usual, I happily drove down to Tampines to work. Upon reaching my office, not a soul in sight and I thought I was early and went ahead to buy some breakfast. As the minutes ticked by, the rest of my team didn't appear and it felt really uncomfortable. Then my phone beeped. My boss smsed me to ask me where I was.

The realisation that I forgot about the TTT made me so embarrassed, that though no one was around, my cheeks were really blushing and I could feel the heat as I replied to apologise and told my boss I'll rush over.

My boss's next sms really melted my heart. "Ok, please drive safely." was her short but really sweet reply. Her sms really calmed my pumping heart down as I sped off.

The consequences of waking up at the wrong side of the bed didn't stop there. Despite reaching Alexandra area in 20 minutes, there was no available parking lots! I drove round and round to all the carparks in the vicinity in dismay. One hour passed and I still could not find a parking lot. I had to detour to park at a shopping mall one street away and walked over.

As I was terribly late (2 hours), I did not enter the meeting room as I did not want to disrupt the class. I just smsed to inform my boss that I will be attending the next session tomorrow afternoon and just wait another one hour for her to finish before joining her to lunch.

I was pretty glum and my boss actually consoled me that it was ok for me to attend the next session. And that missing the session is not a matter of life and death.

Still, I was pretty stressed up and ended up with getting 3 skirts from a nearby shop before I went home. Well, retail therapy always work for me. :)

No comments: