Saturday, February 23, 2008

something to tickle your funny bones.

My colleagues are a funny bunch of people and probably I belong to the same league. We can be as crazy as we want to be, yet when it comes to work, we can be as serious as we want. So as you can see, working with such colleagues will have jokes flying around the office all the time, especially during lunch or tea break. Or whenever someone is totally stressed up, he or she will just shout a joke and everyone will crack up. These days, offices are open concept and there is no partition in the office. Everyone can see everyone else seated down. Everyone can hear everyone else, so that facilitates jokes. Anyway, my boss is a funny lady and many times, she is the one who cracked us up, so there is no problem to that.

Well, I thought there were a few funny ones going around today, so I just want to share with all the stressed up souls who click on my little bloggie over here to destress.

***

Joke 1:

There was this guy who just got married and talking to his friend.
Married Man: "You know, my wife made me a millionaire."
Friend: "Well, congratulations pal, isn't that a good thing? Your wife brings you fortune!"
Married Man: "Not really. Well, you see, I used to be a billionaire."

***

Joke 2:

This American guy was talking to the pretty SIA air stewardess on the flight.

American guy: "Wow, you're very pretty."
SIA girl: "Thank you veli much for your compliments."
American guy: "So, tell me, what did you do before you become an air stewardess?"
SIA girl: "Study lor."
American guy: "Oh wow, you studied law? You must be pretty brainy!"

5 comments:

Chong Chung Fui said...

u know... its nice to be able to work in a relaed environment... i wish everyones jobs were similar... ^^

JerL said...

chung fui::) And I think it's the people who made a difference!! You can start the ball rolling!

mrdes said...

haha...you know, being positive/destressed can sometimes help you think of solutions to problems? A "perfect"/idealistic solution is a good start to a realistic one...that is system development methodology. Some of my solutions at work started with jokes...and I'm not joking:P

The Oriental Express said...

And the SIA girl replied,

"Cannot meh?"

After that the Singapore government decided that the level of English in Singapore must be raised or it would be a national embarrassment.

JerL said...

mrdes: That's good to hear and I totally agree with you. Sometimes jokes can help us to think out of the box and usually that's where the possible solution lies!

the oriental express: Yes I agree. Maybe we should start a toastmasters club for SIA girls! Haha....