Monday, April 21, 2008

new sparks and synergy


When different people meet, you get new sparks and maybe synergy.

I always get very motivated, especially when I receive a positive feedback. These encouraging words always warms my heart and ignite that spark in me to keep going. I love my job.

Recently, there was this participant in my class who actually stayed back to help me pack up and gave me much encouraging words that he really enjoyed my class. Subsequently, I met him yet again at a toastmasters club meeting and he introduced me to his new friends as his favourite trainer and went around telling others that I'm the best trainer that he has ever met. He went up on stage for the first time for table topics and actually dedicated his speech to me.

I'm literally swooned. Being a true blue peacock, I love this kind of attention I'm getting. Ahem.. My apologies if this post sounded too cocky. But who cares? I'm proud of my achievements. As a new trainer (for 6 months already), I have received at least a dozen compliments and thank you notes in my mailbox. I have participants calling me to thank me for spending time to give them extra lessons on a topic they could not understand. I have participants asking me for my personal contact numbers (both guys and gals) and have since become my friends. The kind of job satisfaction that I savour with much pleasure and delight is beyond what words can describe.

And of course, life is but just a bed of roses, you get the delightful velvety crimson petals as well as a bed full of prickly thorns.

I do have times when I thought that I could have done better or when I thought the transitions could be improved for a better flow. Training is not like blogging, where you can type as fast as you want, then if you think that the sentence structure sounded a bit wierd, you can always hit on the "Backspace" button, think, and re-type until you are satisfied.

For training wise, it really depended on your actual performance, the synergy with the participants for that day, and your ability to think on your feet and stay on your feet (literally to balance on my 4-inches heels for the whole day. It's a real feat and I'm not joking!)

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to my class tomorrow!!! :)

No comments: