Sunday, August 03, 2008

fireworks

From a mad rush to a relaxing dinner to an exciting night.
My day started with a mad rush from one place to another and yet another. I had to like re-register my IC and there was a long queue resulting in unexpected extension of waiting time being wasted. Since my whole family were out, I did not drive my car out, and had to rush home to get my car and then zoomed to Hougang Mall to meet Barry for lunch. It was already 1pm and upon reaching there, I realised there was a queue for cars going into the mall. Quickly, I called Barry and decided, he should hop on my car as it was pretty late. I had to pick Patricia up from her place at 1.25pm. By the time he hopped one, we decided to go fetch Pat first before we eat lunch. Then I rushed back to judging at contests and hurriedly left before the results were being announced as I had made a appointment with David to pass him the toastmasters badges at Central Mall. I literally zoomed from one place to another non-stop.

I was like half an hour earlier than my appointment time with David, but my phone rang right after I finished parking my car. David was like equally early!!! So happy because I was not really looking forward to like another waiting period after I had spent 2 hours waiting for my IC to be done this morning. Decided to have dinner at Subway and how right was the choice. Not only that I get to eat my favourite sandwich, there was live jazz performance like right there. What a nice unplanned surprise! It was a wonderfully relaxing dinner with some interesting conversation and the jazz performance was a bonus.

After dinner, we went shopping but since Central Mall is rather small and there are more restaurants, cafes and eateries than anything else, we finished shopping in a whizz. We sauntered along Riverside, people watching and all of a sudden, we heard loud bangs ringing in the air! We looked around to try to see where the sound came from. At first, we could not see anything, then David pointed to the reflection of one of the taller buildings and shouted, "It's fireworks!" Like excited little children, we ran towards the bridge and lo and behold, beautiful fireworks were dancing right before our very eyes! The sky was brightly lit up with sparkles and the slowly trickled down like fallen shooting stars, leaving a trail of rising smoke in the air. With every ear-piercing bang came a differently designed fireworks! Some of which has the letter "S" right smack in the middle and of course, some of which were inverted.

The fireworks were awesome! My very first time seeing fireworks in such proximity. The experience is just amazing. Wow! We were there to enjoy that moment in the right timing! Such unplanned surprises! What an unforgetable night of fun!

No comments: