Thursday, August 28, 2008

journey to the centre of the earth


The original story and book "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" written by Jules Verne was one of my childhood favourite reads and so when the movie was out, I decided to watch it.
The movie started off well. I particularly liked the suspense in the beginning where the discovery of the journey was all by chance. It kept the plot exciting, especially the discovery of a totally new world beneath the surface of the earth. I would have preferred if they have put in more effort to design "new" & imaginary animals & plants. The appearance of the Dinosaur, the Piranhas, the Loch Ness Monster and the giant Venus' Fly Trap gives me the feeling that they're just throwing all the "ready-made" items into the broth. It just lacked creativity. The romance between the scientist and the mountain guide was so cliche and unnecessary. I seriously think that they need new blood in the team of scriptwriters - people who are more creative and people who are not so idealistic when it comes to love.

No comments: