Sunday, September 28, 2008

daily dose of toastmasters

The recent news of the unstability of the financial sector in the US market seemed to have a large impact on the participants in my classes. Well, I can understand why they are in a dampened spirit. Since the negative news came on, their phones never stopped ringing. So did mine. As such, I have to double or triple my positive energy in class to keep their spirits high, well, it was difficult. And having a bad throat at this most crucial time does not help at all.

As the participants happily sucked away my positive energy like a dry sponge being dropped into a pool of water, I have to quickly replenish myself so that I can maintain that pool of water from evaporating, but it seems that the rate of suction is much faster than the rate of replenishment. I am looking out desperately to source for my replenishment.

And how glad I am to be heavily involved in the Toastmasters Movement, where positive energy is overflowingly abundant. This past week, is Toastmasters Contests daily week. Someone joked that I should set up a Toastmasters club named Everyday Toastmasters Club! And I'm sure I will have many active members. This week alone, I've seen at least 3 familiar faces at least 3-4 times this week. And not to mention I've just only met them at least 2-4 times last week. Yes, there are lots of toastmasters fanatics out there whom I salute. I just love toastmasters!

No comments: