Friday, October 03, 2008

more consideration would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Many a times, there are things which you do not expect to turn out and they do turn out in the way you least expect them too. Disappointments, disappointments, disappointments.

I was supposed to meet up with a friend for dinner and he said he would be there between 6 to 6.15pm. As it turned out, today's my club's chapter meeting and the person in charge of refreshments could not make it. I decided then to go to Holland Village right after work to get the refreshments even before my dinner appointment. So I reached there at 5.40pm as it was really only a stone's throw from my work place. Really appreciate the amount of time that I can save after I started driving. Anyway, that was besides the point. The point is that I rushed from Tanjong Pagar to Holland Village (in 15 minutes) so that I can get there earlier and have ample time to finish my shopping and still be on time, if not early for dinner appointment.

And so as planned, I finished buying the refreshments at Crystal Jade at 5.50pm and was walking to find a place to rest my feet when I received an sms from my friend to say that he will be late and probably reaching at 6.45pm. And well, so I waited and when he finally called at 6.45pm to say that he has reached my club meeting venue and that he did not feel like eating.

I thought it would have been much better to have informed me earlier so that I can take dinner on my own during the one hour plus which I had waited. Just so happened that I didn't eat lunch today. Oh well...

2 comments:

The Oriental Express said...

Usually I try not to have dinner if I were to attend a tmc meeting. Or I would not be able to join the rest for refreshments.

Maybe in our club we usually have quite a little feast, as I often do the cooking.

If I were hungry, I would just take a little snack before a meeting. Also when we rush, we tend to lose our appetite.

The Oriental Express said...

By the way, wish me luck. Am delivering my humorous speech at our Area U3 contest in one and a half hours' time at our office at Park Mall!

Cheers! Take care, and don't overwork.