Sunday, November 23, 2008

semi-annual convention 2008


Attending the Semi-Annual Convention gave me a totally perspective of the Toastmasters Movement, the meaning of international. It really reminded me of my AIESEC days when we receive delegates from other countries. This year, the Semi-Annual Convention is held here in Singapore and we were privileged to have with us delegates from Hong Kong, Macau and Thailand. It was really amazing how we can make friends with people from other countries in just a couple of days. The bond that ties us together is our passion for toastmasters. It really warms my heart to meet so many like-minded people.


The only reason I decided to come for the convention is to attend the Gala Dinner held on Sat evening as I was receiving an award for leading my club to President's Distinguished Club last year as the club president. It really felt great to be up on the stage to receive an award once again. It's an encouragement and this really stirred me on to lead my Area to President's Distinguished Area this term as Area Governor. It is a challenge.
I'm so inspired that I signed up to go for the Convention in Hong Kong and Macau next year. And not forgetting the next one in Bangkok in 2010. I'm on fire for toastmasters. And I'm enjoying every minute of it!

4 comments:

The Oriental Express said...

Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous!

Keep up the spirt and stay young and pretty!

JerL said...

Wow, you're super efficient! I just posted like a few minutes ago!

Oh yes, thank you for your compliments! I will try to stay gorgeous! lol

The Oriental Express said...

This hairstyle looks chic! Your nicest, I think.

Wanted to tell you that day but was tensed up about my evaluation contest. Too many butterflies a-fluttering in my stomach, I guess. Lol!

Am now seeking herbal hair treatment from Bee Choo. Good and cheap. $30 per 90 minutes. Grown more hair which is now healthier.
Bee Choo is giving 101 and Yunan a run for their money!

The Oriental Express said...

Oh dear. Only realise now that Alice Quah is a little too skinny...hope she is not on the edge of anorexia nervosa?

She hardly eats even during tea time at club meetings.