Friday, December 25, 2009

my spiritual report card

For the past 10 years, I had been so busy with Christmas drama rehearsals, Christmas carolling, choir practices, flower arrangements, buying, wrapping and giving Christmas presents, organizing Christmas parties... and a whole load of other things, so busy until I did not have time to stop for a moment and reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas is about Jesus.

What was the real reason of Jesus coming down to earth? Dying on the cross? And rose again on the third day?

Jesus died for all of us because God loves us. And once this is established and reflected upon, I think that the calling for each and every believer is about spreading His love and help to gather back the lost sheep.

Christmas this year was a really fruitful and meaningful one to me.

Somehow the Lord kept reminding me about the verse from John 4: 35 "Do you not say 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest."

During our prayers, the Lord impressed upon me and my cell leader Lex about the youths at Teck Ghee Youth Centre, those whom we had brought them on a frog farm outing last month. And so we decided to organize a Christmas party for them and share with them about the true meaning of Jesus.

And praise the Lord, we had at least 6 salvations. God delivered His promise to us.

At the end of the day, when it is time for me to see the Lord with my report card, what would the Lord ask me? Is it how high have your climbed in your career path? Is it how much money you have stored up in your bank account? NO! The Lord will be asking me for the number of souls I have brought to heaven with me to enjoy eternal life! That's my report card.

Seriously, I can't imagine going to heaven one day and realised that I have left my best friends and loved ones behind... my resolutions for next year is to focus on my spiritual growth, cell group, outreach and mission trips.

No comments: