Friday, October 20, 2006

packed to the brim

My schedules have been packed to the brim again after a long break of 3 months. The adrenalin rush gives me a kick as I rush from place to place. No doubt tiring of course. I'm only human.

***

Yesterday's schedule

10.30 Group meeting at office
12.00 Do paperwork in office
2.00 Travel time
3.00 Meet client at Bukit Batok
5.00 Meet another client at Clementi
7.00 Rushed to toastmasters discussion at Holland V
12 midnight reach home
12.15 Eat my lunch-cum-dinner-cum-supper

***
I'm invited to conduct workshops that touch on topics such as Personal Grooming, Image, Personal Makeup, Colour Coordination, etc. Yup, our Toastmasters Club is trying to help the Community Centre to raise funds for the new building. This series of workshop will fall on every Sat from 18 Nov onwards. The number of workshops will depend on the sign up rate. Everything is still at the planning stage. Nothing is finalized yet.

***
Today's schedule
9.30 Reached office to do paperwork
12.30 Still haven't finish my paperwork
2.00 Just finished paperwork
3.00 Have coffee with colleagues
4.00 Travel time
5.00 Reach Bukit Batok again to get document from client
6.00 Collect payment from another client at Clementi
7.00 Travel time again
8.00 Invited to be evaluator at The Open Alumni Toastmasters Club
12 midnight Reached home.
12.15 Eat dinner-cum-supper
1.00am Spend some time to blog coz didn't blog yesterday
***

I'm probably the only person who is not looking forward to this coming long weekend. Seems like the whole world is trying to put all the activities during this time. I'm like double-booked from Friday night to Sunday and triple-booked on Monday.
And it didn't help when people who booked me in advance cannot confirm the time to meet. It's ultra super difficult for me to plan my time. I've got to ask the other date to hold on while I confirm the timings of my other appointment which can delay a few days till the last minute and yet there can still be people who still cannot confirm the time. Or worse still cannot confirm whether to meet. Fainted -_-
My other poor date has to be hung there in mid-air waiting for me which made me feel really really bad.
***
My dream weekend is just to rest and relax on a beach doing nothing, probably only reading a book lying next to your loved one. But seems like my weekend is more hectic and draining than my normal work weeks! This is ridiculous.
When your social circle expands at an alarmingly speedy rate, the time for yourself and your loved one shrinks at an alarming speed too. I guess when you gain popularity, you lose your freedom. Whenever you gain something, you lose something. God is fair.

1 comment:

The Oriental Express said...

My VPE, Vanessa said she met you at the Open Alumni TMC. She said you were excellent in your evaluation.

Do take care of your health even as you run busily around.