Tuesday, October 17, 2006

wierd caller

I received this very out-of-the-ordinary phone call on my cell phone that left me with a dunno-whether-to-laugh-or-cry feeling.

Mystery Caller: Hello, May I speak to Jerlynn please?
Me: Yes?
Mystery Caller: Hi, May I speak with Jerlynn?
Me: Yes. This is she.
Mystery Caller: Erm, I would like to speak with Jerlynn.
Me: Yes. I AM JERLYNN.
Mystery Caller: Oh Sorry. I dialed the wrong number.
Me: ........

This irritating mystery caller hung up before I could give him a piece of my mind continue. In the first place, this mystery guy dialed MY cellphone. Who else but me will pick up the phone?

One possibility is that he has problem understanding simple English. But then again, he spoke good English. So this probability of this possibility being possible is almost impossible. Oh what a mouthful. Lol.

The second possibility is that he has a few Jerlynns in his address book. Maybe Jerlynn 1, Jerlynn 2, Jerlynn 3. And he just tries his luck to dial the correct one.

Enough wild guesses. Since he called be from a private number, I have no way to find out his identity to whack him on the head to wake him up thank him for providing such marvellous blogging material.

No comments: