Wednesday, July 16, 2008

birthday surprises!


I've got a few birthday surprises this year.... and I think that I'm expecting a few more to come... Wow.. all of a sudden, I feel so loved. Maybe this is the "fruit of my labour"? For the past year, I have made more friends than anything else, and living up to my daily motto of "A friend a day". I remember one close friend exclaiming that she was really surprised that I have so many friends and true enough whenever she goes out shopping with me, we will always bump into one of my friends. Sometimes, we can bump into a few of my friends. Oh well, you must agree with me that Singapore is really small!

My biggest surprise was one that was hand-delivered right up to my office in person. How sweet can that be? It was not how expensive or how delicate the gift was, but the thought and effort that was put into it. It is amazing how someone whom I met only a few months back can know me so well to choose a gift exact to my taste. This is definitely not something that could happen by chance.

My next biggest surprise was the gift from my colleagues. The gift was a gaming software that I was looking for since last month. I only ever casually asked my colleague once on whether he knew where I could get it from. The effort and thought was something that touched me, given that I had only been working with them for less than a year. They are the most positive, enthusiastic and fun-loving people I had ever worked with. The positive synergy is what kept the team alive! It's a place I'm going to stay on for a long long time. My source of motivation comes from the people I work with and not really the work itself. And I finally found the place where I belong. My colleagues rock. They're really a cool bunch to work with and hang out with even after work. I feel so blessed. Thank God.

Guess how I spent my birthday?

I visited Masters of Eloquence Toastmasters meeting from 12 to 2pm, joined them for their exco meeting. Then rushed back home to change out of my suit to something more casual, rushed out to meet my mom for a movie -- 10 Promises to my Dog! It was a fantastic show. Had desserts. Sent my mom home. Then got a message from my Division Governor David to say he's visiting Pico Toastmasters Club. Looked at my watch, thought for a moment. Since it would only take me 15 mins to drive down, I decided to pop by and take a look and pass the namecards to David at the same time. And guess what, I met Sau Ying there, and decided to like discuss with her how we can organize our area contests together. Kill three birds with one stone!

And I feel so awesome. Such is the accomplishments I had packed my time to the brim. I'm so proud of me. Lol. I love me. Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: